Sunday, April 5, 2009

IF IM TOO SLOW...

"If I'm too slow," the woman says, "my house will be buried in the sand."

Its my suggestion that you watch the clip below. It is a clip from a Japanese film called [Woman of the Dunes]. watch the clip paying close attention to all the ways things that are excessive in scale play a role with what is going on.

The idea that a single woman can control the fate of a house is interesting in itself. the idea of a house being burried at a time scale that relates closer to that of humans as well is interesting.


oh and I just noticed the quote that shows on the intro page.
"if they are afraid of the sand, tackle it scientifically." how wonderfully absurd. It reminds me a bit like, what is it jousting windmills?

I was listening to npr recently and they were taking about robots and the difficulty it is for them to walk in sand. in other words - sand is actually a really difficult problem, scientifically. see the link below for THAT VIDEO

[SAND BOTS]

No comments:

Post a Comment